Location Wells next the Sea
County Norfolk
Grid Reference TF 9233 4369
Date of visit 2 September 2017

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is a typical Norfolk design with an underground chamber aroound the draw holes. The entrance has been filled with rubbish and currently the only access is by ladder through the recently excavated pot. The kilns dates from before 1836 and after 1797. Thanks to Heather and David Griffiths for photos and information.

Back to Norfolk limekilns index


© David Kitching 2018

Page last updated 9.10.2018