|Location||Rhes-y-cae Kilns, Halkyn Mountain|
|Grid Reference||SJ 196709|
|Date of visit||21 March 2004|
The kilns adjacent to the Halkyn - Rhes-y-cae road were built by Robert Jones when he obtained a lease of 2½ acres in 1879. His sons John and Charles took over the operation when he died in 1896 and production finally ended some time before the First World War.
It is interesting to note that this pair of kilns is built against a block of limestone left unquarried, with the draw holes at a lower level than the surrounding land.
Back to Flintshire limekilns index
© David Kitching 2004
Page last updated 30.3.2004