Location Middleport
County Staffordshire
Grid Reference SJ 85957 49290
Date of visit 13 December 2015
   





 
1877-81 map
 
A pair of kilns alongside the Trent and Mersey Canal that served the Longport/Middleport area. They were out of use by1900. Today the mound remains but the pots and draw tunnels have been infilled.

Back to Staffordshire limekilns index

© David Kitching 2015

Page last updated 13.12.2015